S1 E1: Thank you for joining The Book Dialogue

Welcome to The Book Dialogue

It happens to all of us. Some time in our life we come to know that we will never read all the books that are on our “to read” shelves.The Book Dialogue is dedicated to expanding our reading capacity by viewing books through the lens of other readers. Two Sisters, two viewpoints leads to interesting outcomes. We look forward to sharing our conversations and linking them to you, our friends and fellow travelers who are walking a book journey.

Books have the awesome power to transform, engage and inspire.

The journey continues…

Reading was my escape and my comfort, my consolation, my stimulant of choice: reading for the pure pleasure of it, for the beautiful stillness that surrounds you when you hear an author’s words reverberating in your head.” Paul Auster

9 Comments Add yours

1. Mary Jo Malo says:

How much fun is this?!? I put The Secrets We Kept on yet another of my lists so as not to forget it. I’ve been reading Lynn Austin’s trilogy about King Hezekiah, and I know what you both mean about running out of books in a series. She is quite prolific, so I haven’t quite finished all her works. Historical fiction is my new favorite genre, since it combines both of my favorite things. Also, in the last couple years I’ve gravitated to Christian writers in order to avoid all the gratuitous sex and violence permeating today’s modern novels. Literary quality varies there just as much as in mainstream fiction. Congrats on this new podcast series! I look forward to your conversation about books vs. film formats.

1. Clanmother says:

I found Lynn on Audible. WOW she is amazingly prolific. I don’t know where to begin. Any suggestions? I appreciate where you are coming from – one of the reasons why I choose classics or non-fiction.

Liked by 1 person

2. Mary Jo Malo says:

You can go to her Goodreads author profile page for synopses of her books, but I recommend these books I read first: Waves of Mercy and Legacy of Mercy.

Liked by 1 person

1. Clanmother says:

Found her on Goodreads!! And downloaded Waves of Mercy. Added it to my 2020 Challenge list. Yahoo!!!

Liked by 1 person

3. Mary Jo Malo says:

Oh, and I’ve been meaning to tell you. The Louise Erdrich novel you chose is one of her darker novels. I recommend LaRose instead 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Clanmother says:

Thank you – have found it on Kindle and will add it to my 2020 Challenge. Really appreciate your suggestions. It has been a long time since I have considered reading fiction and I am rather at a loss as to where to start!!

Liked by 1 person

4. Mary Jo Malo says:

I hope you’re both promoting this podcast far and wide, because here’s no such thing as too much book talk. In addition to your usual social media, you might post a link on Goodreads, so that all your bookish friends and followers are aware. It appears that under the ‘Community’ tab at the top of website, there’s a further tab called ‘Discussions’ and looks like you needn’t to be a Goodreads author to post there.

Liked by 1 person

1. Clanmother says:

What a great idea. I never thought about placing in on Goodreads. You have the very very best ideas. I’m on it tomorrow. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Liked by 1 person